Sunday, March 13, 2011

Banana Waffles

Normally, my breakfast consists of a banana.
So when I saw I could have 
banana waffles 
instead, I immediately needed to make them.

These also taste good cold and are easy to munch on
when walking to class. 
Not to mention much more filling than a banana.

I made circus shaped waffles.

Next time recipe suggestions: Although these were yummy, I thought the banana taste was a little too faint. 
Maybe next time I'll use an additional mashed half banana.





Ingredients:
1 tbsp. unsalted butter (melted)
1 cup milk
1 mashed banana
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 tsp. salt
3 tbsp. sugar
2 tsp. baking powder


Mix the melted butter and mashed banana in a bowl. In a separate bowl, mix all the other ingredients. Add the butter and mashed banana mixture to the other ingredients and stir. If you feel that the mixture is a bit too thick (this happened to me), add a little bit of milk to thin it out (however, you do not want the waffle mixture runny).




Heat the waffle iron and spray with a cooking or baking spray. Put waffle mixture in waffle iron and cook the waffles for 2 minutes.


Eat plan or top with whipped cream, syrup, peanut butter, or sliced bananas.


Note: this recipe can also be used for banana pancakes.


Happy Eating!




Waffle Iron: Bella Cucina Circus Waffle Maker


Food Creds: Adapted from allrecipes and Annie's eats.



No comments:

Post a Comment